Grande Bretagne Hotel: Timeless Elegance
More than a five-star hotel, Grande Bretagne is one of the city’s historic landmarks. Situated centrally, guests can enjoy views of the Acropolis, Lycabettus Hill, and Syntagma square during their stay at a reputed Athens establishment.
Situated right in Syntagma Square in the heart of the city since 1874
The landmark hotel is within walking distance of exclusive shopping areas, museums and the business district
Near local attractions such as the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, and Parliament Building
Easy access to metro stations, bus stations, and taxi services the Piraeus Port and International Airport – Eleftherios Venizelo
GRANDE BRETAGNE, Vasileos Georgiou 1 A’ str., Athens
T: (+30) 210 333 0000
- 1,100 square meters of refined vintage-look function space, it is the utmost choice for sophisticated business meetings and lavish social events & weddings.
- At the Hotel Gift Shop explore the authentic selection of GB Products, the Zeus + Dione handmade fashion clothing and an exclusive variety of indigenous delicacies by French Pastry Chef Arnaud Larher.
- Lavish Indoor and outdoor pools perfect for relaxing.
- Exceptional Butler Services and private transfers to make your stay as seamless and efficient as possible
- Cultural walking tours of Athens offered to bring you the most of Athens rich history
Food and Drink
- GB Roof Garden restaurant, awarded by Wine Spectator magazine three years in a row, serves new Mediterranean cuisine and offers breathtaking views of the Acropolis, Lycabettus Hill and the Parliament building
- Open-air Bar 8 is a top choice for a cocktail or glass of wine during the summer
- The Winter Garden lounge offers the city’s most elegant European breakfast, light lunch, high tea or dinner accompanied by live piano music
- The Cellar, boasting an extensive collection of some 3,000 bottles, is an enophile’s dream come true
- GB Pool Bar & Grill you can relax under the Athenian sun while enjoying a refreshment, signature dish or cocktail
- Last but not least, the radiant Alexander’s bar with its trademark 18th century tapestry featuring Alexander the Great, is the best place to linger over a classic cocktail, a refined brandy, or an exquisite cognac, while the adjacent Alexander’s Cigar Lounge offers the biggest Cuban selection in the city
- An award-winning spa, offering everything from a simple neck and shoulders massage to signature treatments such as “GB anti-ageing body revitalization by Valmont”, “Nourishing yoghurt, honey and sugar wrap anti-ageing body revitalization by Valmont” and “ESPA chakra balancing with hot stones”
- A fitness studio with access to expert personal trainers, open 24/7
- Ooutdoor pool, savor poolside refreshments and relax amid fragrant flowers and cypress trees in the warmer months or relax in the deep turquoise water in the year round heated indoor pool
- The Hair Spa Salon elevates the salon experience to a decadent new level, offering unique hair treatments