Elia Kentrota: On the Inside
It goes without saying that as a guest at Athens’ Four Seasons Astir Palace, you’re set to have a wonderful time. But to really help you enjoy it, let us take you on a journey through the hotel via the eyes of an insider. Katie Silcox asks Elia Kentrota, Director of Public Relations, how she would spend her perfect day at the hotel. After all, who knows the hotel better than her?
Here’s what Elia recommends:
- All good days start with a hearty breakfast, and I love the Kagiana at Pelagos.
This traditional egg and tomato breakfast dish is served fresh, just like my Giagiá used to make it. Choose a window or balcony seat and take your time over a relaxed breakfast and coffee.
- Next, take your towel and your favourite book to the private Zolotas Beach and enjoy the early morning sea air.
Thanks to our location on the Athens Riviera, soaking up the sun on this beach really does feel like you’re on a Greek island. The weather at this time of year is just perfect for a beach day; it’s not too hot and not too cold. Order some drinks and snacks and spend the morning here.
- The best lunch spot after a morning on the beach is Taverna 37. This rustic beach front taverna serves traditional Greek cuisine, and you can go from beach to dining still in your swimwear!
- After a morning soaking up the sun’s rays, a visit to our spa for a facial is a must. I recommend the Restore Organic Facial.
- For a culture-filled afternoon without leaving the hotel, take a tour of our art collection. We have more than 2,000 pieces, most of which have been designed and created by Greek contemporary artists. They’re dotted all over the hotel and really shouldn’t be missed! Visit the Benaki Museum Pavilion too, it’s an outlet of the central Athens museum. Here you’ll find a contemporary concept store with roots in Greek mythology – the perfect place to shop for jewellery and unique Greek-inspired gifts to take back home.
- I love shopping, so my perfect day would also take in our boutiques. Our collections are really quite something. Peruse prêt-à-porter and haute couture fashion. Don’t miss Greek designers such as Mary Katrantzou and Zeus and Dione. You can also stock up on Prada sunglasses and Louis Vuitton dresses, as well as indulge in some serious buys at Rolex, Chopard and Cartier.
- For a special sundown, head to Avra for sunset drinks. Watching as the sun dips into the island-dotted Aegean Sea really is something. I honestly believe it’s the best location in Athens to enjoy the sunset.
- Finally, the last spot for a perfect day is dinner at Mercato, our authentic Italian trattoria. You can choose from antipasti, pizza, pasta, and more – all paired wonderfully with our range of fine wines. For me, it’s the homemade pizza and the tiramisu that take my heart – and my tastebuds! Oh, and keep your eye out for appearances from global guest chefs and culinary experiences coming to Mercato soon!