Flavourful Tomato Saganaki With Formaela cheese
Konstantinos Votsalas suggests a three-ingredient, low-carb, fresh and light salad to usher in the end of lockdown.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 oz. (90 gr.) formaela cheese, cut into 3 slices
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin Greek olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A few small sprigs of rosemary
- Carefully cut out large fillets of similar size from the fleshy seedless part of
- Oil the bottom and sides of around 3 x 8 inch (8 x 2 cm.) ring mould and line
with the tomato filets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly sauté the formaela and place it in the mould on top of the tomatoes.
Place a few small sprigs of rosemary between layers.
- Cover the formaela with a few more tomato filets, drizzle with olive oil and
bake at 356 degrees F / 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Remove the mould and
Leave your comments ...