Chilled Cucumber Melon Soup with Greek Yoghurt
Chef Christofors Peskias creates a delightfully fresh soup to usher in the summer.
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 1 large hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups honeydew pieces, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 8 oz. (227 gr.) Greek strained yoghurt
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Puree the cucumber, melon, yoghurt, mint leaves and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Filter the mixture through a chinois into a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least three hours.
- Remove, pour into individual serving plates, and garnish with mint leaves.