Summer salad with Tomatoes, barley rusks, Feta, Anchovies and Herbs
Patisseur Stelios Parliaros shares a summer salad that hits just the right notes as temperatures soar!
Ingredients: (10 servings)
- 4.4 lbs. (2kgs.) tomatoes
- 8.8 oz. (250 gr.) feta
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Lemon zest
- 7 oz. (200 gr.) cucumber
- 5 barley rusks
- Extra virgin Greek olive oil
- Quarter the tomatoes. Cube the feta. Finely chop the herbs and cucumber.
- Dampen the rusks and break them up into smaller pieces. Rinse the anchovies.
- Place the rusks on the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs and cheese. Garnish with anchovies. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.