6 pet-friendly bars and restaurants in Athens
Pet-friendly establishments that actively encourage you to socialize with your pet were few and far between in the city. That is changing now with a few pet-loving restaurateurs urging you to bring your cute little furry friend in tow. Athens Insider lists the best bars and restaurants to paint the town red with your four-legged companion right by your feet, or even right next to you, at the table!
- Burger Joint – A classic for many Athenians with incredible burgers, and the only place where your dog can sit right next to you and enjoy a specialized meal for him/her in their own bowl. There are special dog treats, even when you order in a meal!
- BlePapagalos – Brightly coloured, polite people, with impeccable hospitality for our furry friends. Go for a coffee and a retro photo-shoot!
- Bartesera – in Kolokotronis, a beautiful place that shows special love to your pets and even takes care of the neighbourhood strays.
- Rantevou – an authentic taverna in Petralona’s bustling square serves delicious Greek mezes and welcome dogs of all shapes and sizes.
- Chelsea Hotel – Described by pet-owners as the most dog-friendly bar in Athens, its atmosphere is cosy and the staff extremely friendly.
- Six d.o.g.s – Discover this secret garden in Monastiraki with your pet while enjoying the wide range of food and drinks. The image below is pre-Covid, but you get the drift!