Think Pink: Four Concrete Ways to Support Breast Cancer Awareness in Athens
Every 15 seconds, somewhere in the world, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer – and tragically, for many, the news comes too late. From free haircuts to digital races and blushing cocktails, here’s how you can become part of the solution this October in Athens.
Get a free haircut, donate it to those who need a moral boost
Head to 7th Heaven Nail and Hair Salon in Skoufa, get your hair cut by at least 20 cms(ideally not dyed) and donate it to Amma Zois @almazois, who have been spearheading the Breast Cancer. Book an appointment at 213-0998342 and read more at www.7heavensalon.gr
Digital Race for the Cure® 2020
Wherever you are in the world, you can run, walk or donate and step up the fight against breast cancer.
If you want to contribute to the fight against breast cancer, you can support the work of the Panhellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois” by making a donation.
- € 2 could go into the piggy bank of the new programmes
- € 4 could enhance the workplace information programmes
- 10 € could provide 1 hour practical nutrition, skin care and beauty tips for women with breast cancer in the treatment phase
- € 25 could enhance the subsidized health professionals training program in oncology patient communication skills
- € 50 could enhance the genetic testing program for a woman with breast cancer and 3 members of her family
Landmark buildings in pink
Megaron, the Athens Concert Hall, joins others landmark buildings around the world such as the Empire State Building in New York to be bathed in pink – an initiative launched by Estée Lauder as part of its #TimeToEndBreastCancer campaign. The idea is not just to make a pretty statement but to coax women, often the last to think of their own welfare, to test. 1 out of 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and the more we raise awareness about testing, the better!
Have drinks at Vibo Bistrot in Glyfada – one euro of every bill will be donated to support Alma Zois and their Breast Cancer awareness campaign. The new wine bar-bistrot will be awash in pink and specially concocted pink cocktails created to support Breast Cancer Month.