Greece’s lockdown extended to March 16
Greece’s Russian-doll like lockdowns within lockdowns now extended to March 16. Stricter measures to be reinforced starting Thursday, March 4 from 6am onwards. All schools and retail stores to remain closed. Only supermarkets, essential services and food take-away services to remain open.
What you need to know:
- As throughout this past year, you will need to send an SMS to the 13033 hotline to step out of your home.
- As of 6 a.m. on Thursday, all trips to be restricted to a 2km radius from one’s home.
- Supermarket visits using Code 2 or bank visits using Code 3 will have to be restricted to the municipality of residence or within a 2km radius from home.
- Exercising or walking pets using Code 6 will have to be on foot within a 2 km radius of one’s house.
- Stricter inspection of Code 4 (used for taking care of family in need), and stricter controls for enforcing the rules allowing workers to travel to and from their place of employment.
- Daily curfew from 9pm to 5am.
- Weekend curfew from 7 pm to 5 am the following morning.
- No domestic travel permitted between municipalities.